Disease Testing & Tracking
THE COMMUNICABLE DISEASE FAX NUMBER IS 828-356-1115.
If you have any questions about COVID-19, please feel free to call the Haywood County COVID-19 Helpline at (828) 356-2019. This line is answered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The hotline is not only for medical questions, but also questions relating to guidance, compliance, resources, and more.
The state also has a 24-hour North Carolina Coronavirus Helpline at 866-462-3821.
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Haywood County is now maintaining a dedicated COVID-19 page. Updates and information will be posted there for the duration of the outbreak: https://www.haywoodcountync.gov/684/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Information
Links to regularly-updated guidance and resources for a wide range of stakeholders can be found here: https://www.haywoodcountync.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=169
You can also keep track of current information and guidance by checking the CDC and NCDHHS pages dedicated to COVID-19.
Haywood County Health and Human Services Communicable Disease program protects the public health by providing surveillance, tracking, and control of the sorts of diseases that impact the whole community.
- Food borne illness
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Other infectious diseases, some of which are reportable by law
Services provided by the Communicable Disease program include:
- Alerting the public and healthcare providers when there is an outbreak, providing informational materials and guidance on control and abatement
- Information and education for the public and healthcare providers on communicable diseases and their prevention
- Investigation and intervention when there are disease outbreaks
- Outpatient care and support related to HIV/AIDS, other sexually transmitted diseases, and tuberculosis.
- Tracking of disease reporting by local hospitals, physicians, and laboratories
Haywood County Health and Human Services is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Interpreter services are available at no cost.