Disease Testing & Tracking
Medical providers can find the communicable disease report form and the current list of communicable diseases and reporting time frames here. The animal bite report form and instructions for medical providers can be found here.
THE COMMUNICABLE DISEASE FAX NUMBER IS 828-356-1115.
If you have any questions about COVID-19, please feel free to call the Haywood County COVID-19 Helpline at (828) 356-2019. The state also has a 24-hour North Carolina Coronavirus Helpline at 866-462-3821.
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Haywood County is now maintaining a dedicated COVID-19 page. Updates and information will be posted there for the duration of the outbreak: https://www.haywoodcountync.gov/684/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Information
You can also keep track of current information and guidance by checking the CDC and NCDHHS pages dedicated to COVID-19.
Haywood County Health and Human Services Communicable Disease program protects the public health by providing surveillance, tracking, and control of the sorts of diseases that impact the whole community.
- Food borne illness
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Other infectious diseases, some of which are reportable by law
Services provided by the Communicable Disease program include:
- Alerting the public and healthcare providers when there is an outbreak, providing informational materials and guidance on control and abatement
- Information and education for the public and healthcare providers on communicable diseases and their prevention
- Investigation and intervention when there are disease outbreaks
- Outpatient care and support related to HIV/AIDS, other sexually transmitted diseases, and tuberculosis.
- Tracking of disease reporting by local hospitals, physicians, and laboratories
Haywood County Health and Human Services is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Interpreter services are available at no cost.