As part of our service to the community, the library provides public meeting rooms at the Waynesville and Canton branches, at no charge. Per the library’s Meeting Room Usage Policy:
- Permission to meet in the public library does not constitute an endorsement by the library of the event or the beliefs of its sponsors.
- Rooms may not be used for sectarian or denominational religious services by any group on a continuous basis.
- Rooms may be used by commercial groups, but not for commercial purposes (money cannot exchange hands for services/products).
- Groups using the rooms may not charge an admission fee or solicit donations.
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed on the premises.
- Groups using a room will be responsible for setting up the room, cleaning the room, and leaving chairs in the original order.
- Groups wishing to use library audiovisual equipment must reserve it when scheduling the meeting. Practice sessions must be scheduled in advance.
- Any damage occurring to library property and/or equipment during a group’s use of a room will be the responsibility of the person who reserved the room.
- Groups may not store items in meeting rooms or kitchens without prior arrangements.
- Meetings may not disrupt the use of the library by others, and persons attending a meeting are subject to all library regulations and policies. The library may deny or terminate the use of the facilities by any group that is disorderly or in violation of these regulations.
- A reservation may be made by phone, but a person representing the group must come by the library and sign a Request for Use of a Haywood County Facility form before the meeting is held.
Room reservations, based on availability, may be made in person or by calling 828-452-5169. Available meeting spaces:
Auditorium - Maximum occupancy: 75
Conference Room - Maximum occupancy: 12
Room reservations, based on availability, may be made in person or by calling 828-648-2924. Available meeting spaces:
Auditorium - Maximum occupancy: 108