- Feature Links
- Health & Human Services
Health & Human Services Agency
“Enhancing the health, safety, and full potential of our community.”
Haywood County Health and Human Services Agency (HCHHSA) was formed by consolidating the Department of Social Services (DSS) and the Health Department into a single unit. HCHHSA provides a wide variety of services to the citizens of Haywood County. Haywood County Health and Human Services do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, or national origin, and translation services are available at no cost.
Our operating budget consists of Federal, State and County dollars. Our fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
Agency Core Values
- The best place for children is in families who provide a nurturing environment, safe from neglect or abuse.
- Families are the backbone of our society
- We will be responsive to our community in a worthwhile and measurable way
- Public service is an opportunity to make positive changes in people’s lives
- We strive to protect those among us who cannot protect themselves
- Teamwork is the means to carry out our mission and goals
- We provide quality and efficient service to each client by presenting all available options in a compassionate and professional manner
- We treat all people with dignity and respect
- We value the power of external partnerships to support our mission
The Agency provides free language assistance in Spanish and other languages.
Economic Services focuses on assuring that parents financially support their children and connecting citizens with food, shelter, utilities, and medical attention.
Environmental Health Services provides permitting and inspections of septic systems and private wells throughout Haywood County. They also permits and inspects food establishments, lodging and motels, bed and breakfast inns and homes, adult day cares, rest and nursing homes, tattoo parlors, public swimming pools and a list of other establishments.
Public Health is responsible for addressing the health issues and promoting the health status of the individual, family, community & industry. They provide clinical services and educational services. The Environmental Health Division's mission is to provide education and enforcement of State and Local regulations regarding food sanitation, sub-surface sewage disposal, and other environmental concerns to individuals and businesses.
Social Work Services focuses on:
- Protecting adults, children, and families from abuse and neglect
- Bringing children to permanent families
- Enabling adults and older foster children to become self-sufficient
- Giving the elderly and disabled a choice to remain in their homes rather than entering a rest home or nursing care facility
Equal Opportunity Employer & Provider
Haywood County Health and Human Services Agency is an equal opportunity employer and provider.