Maggie Valley Planning Board
- Generally meets the second Thursday of each month at 5:30 pm
- Maggie Valley Town Hall board room, 3987 Soco Road, Maggie Valley
- Meeting dates and times may be affected by COVID-19 safety measures and other factors. To check the schedule, call 828-926-0866.
- The Planning Board is an Advisory Board that aids the Board of Aldermen in making decisions that involve adopted planning documents, land development codes, and the zoning map. The Planning Board is also the single authority in granting subdivision approval. Other duties and authorities:
- Acquire and maintain in current form such basic information and materials as are necessary to understand past trends, present conditions, and forces at work to cause changes in these conditions
- Establish principles and policies for guiding action in the development of the area
- Prepare and recommend to the Town Board of Aldermen ordinances promoting orderly development along the lines indicated in the zoning plan
- Determine whether specific proposed developments conform to the principles and requirements of the zoning plan for the growth and improvement of the area
- Keep the Town Board of Aldermen and the general public informed and advised as to these matters
- Perform any other duties which may lawfully be assigned to it
- The Maggie Valley Planning Board consists of seven members. Five are appointed by the Town Board of Aldermen and shall be citizens who reside within the town limits of Maggie Valley. Two members reside within the town’s extraterritorial planning jurisdiction and are appointed by the Haywood County Board of Commissioners.
- Vacancies in the commissioner-appointed ETJ positions will be posted on the county website and sent to the publication sunshine list as they occur. The Maggie Valley Town Aldermen review the applications and make appointment recommendations for ETJ members to the Board of County Commissioners.
For more information, visit: https://maggievalleync.gov/government/departments/planning-development-departments/#1480276363250-d084cba3-e596