Occupancy Tax

Renting out your home or vacation property for less than 90 days? You're required to collect Haywood County Occupancy Tax.


The Haywood County Tourism Development Authority (HCTDA), operating as Visit NC Smokies, stimulates county-wide economic growth and supports local small business by utilizing occupancy tax funds to endorse travel, tourism, and visitor services, sponsor events, and fund tourism-related infrastructure projects.

All properties that register and pay occupancy tax receive a free listing on the Visit NC Smokies website, VisitNCSmokies.com and in the print & digital version of the annual NC Smokies Visitor's Guide.

Learn more about the HCDTA and how Occupancy Tax makes a difference in our community here: https://haywoodtda.com/occupancy-tax/

Additional Information

Questions about paying the tax:

Kelley Mosser, Haywood County Finance Office



215 N Main St., Waynesville NC 28786

Questions about the HCTDA:

Corrina Ruffieux, HCTDA Executive Director



91 North Lakeshore Drive, Suite 2, Lake Junaluska, NC 28745