How does the Slope Ordinance affect me?

If you initiate any land-disturbing activity that includes artificial (i.e. cut or fill) slope construction, slope repair, or slope stabilization, you are subject to the rules and regulations of the Slope Ordinance. No subdivision plat will be approved or recorded, and no Certificate of Occupancy issued, until the County Engineer’s office verifies compliance with the Slope Ordinance.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Slope Ordinance?
2. How does the Slope Ordinance affect me?
3. How do I obtain a copy of the Slope Ordinance?
4. Do I have to apply for a permit?
5. What is the Haywood County Engineering Review Board?
6. What is the compaction standard for fill slope construction?