Can I change the name of my existing road?

Yes, you will need to contact the Addressing Office and obtain a Petition to Change the Name of The Road. This petition should include the existing road name, the proposed road name and the signatures of at least 90% of those persons owning property adjacent to the road. The fee to change a road name is $250 with an additional fee of $75 to cover legal advertisement, shall accompany any petition. In the event you get 100% of the signatures, the $75 fee will be waived.

Show All Answers

1. When can I apply for my physical address?
2. When do I place the numbers on my house and mailbox?
3. Where do I post my address house number?
4. Who do I need to inform of my new address?
5. What is the objective of road naming?
6. Can I change the name of my existing road?
7. Where can I get a map of all the roads in Haywood County?
8. My road sign has been stolen, who can I report this to?