The Haywood County Board of Commissioners is seeking applicants for several positions on the Haywood County Health and Human Services Agency Board of Directors, detailed below.
The Health and Human Services Agency Board meets the third Tuesday of each month (except July and December) at 6 pm at Health and Human Services. For more information about the duties and authorities of the HHSA Board, visit: https://www.haywoodcountync.gov/818/HHSA-Board .
Applications are being accepted for the following volunteer positions on the HHS Board:
- A member representing the general public. Requirements for the position are that candidates reside in Haywood County.
- A consumer of human services/public advocate/family member of a consumer of human services. Requirements for the position are that the candidate reside in Haywood County.
- A physician member. The candidate must be a physician currently licensed to practice, actively practicing in the State of North Carolina, and must reside in Haywood County. Qualified professionals are encouraged to apply.
- An optometrist member. Requirements for the position are that the candidate have qualifications as an optometrist and reside in Haywood County. Current and retired optometrists are encouraged to apply.
- A psychologist member. The candidate must have qualifications as a psychologist and reside in Haywood County. Current and retired psychologists are encouraged to apply.
All appointees will be fulfilling a four-year term beginning January 16, 2024. Upon expiration of the initial 4-year term, first-term members are eligible to reapply for a second term.
The application deadline for all positions is 5 p.m., December 29, 2023.
Application forms may be downloaded from the “How Do I…Submit Volunteer Board or Committee Application” section of the county website at https://www.haywoodcountync.gov/9/How-Do-I, on the HHSA Board page (https://www.haywoodcountync.gov/818/HHSA-Board ) or picked up from the County Manager’s office between 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, at the Haywood County Courthouse, third floor Administration Office, 215 North Main Street, Waynesville.
Completed applications may be returned to the County Manager’s Office or attached to an email to Amy Stevens, Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information, contact the County Manager’s Office at 452-6625.