In-person storytimes will resume as local conditions and guidelines permit.
Virtual Storytime Videos
Pre-recorded storytimes, including stories and songs, support early literacy for children ages 2-6 and their parents/caregivers. Videos are shared on the Haywood County Public Library Facebook page per publisher guidelines.
Puppet Storytime Videos
- The Little Red Hen - 7/23/20
- The Lion and the Mouse - 8/27/20
- Chicken Little - 2/10/21
- The Tortoise and the Hare - 3/11/21
- Town Mouse and Country Mouse - 4/8/21
- Three Billy Goats Gruff - 6/7/21
Virtual Storytime Rooms
Discover fun, literacy-related activities for children with read-aloud storytimes, craft, and a song as well as resources for parents and caregivers. Storytime room themes change monthly.
Virtual Storytime Rooms - January
Virtual Storytime Rooms - February
- February 4 - Storytime Room Hosted by Ms. Deanna
- February 18 - Storytime Room Hosted by Ms. Lisa and Ms. Erika
Virtual Storytime Rooms - March
- March 4 - Storytime Room Hosted By Ms. Deanna
- March 18 - Storytime Room Hosted by Ms. Lisa and Ms. Erika
Virtual Storytime Rooms - April
- April 1 - Storytime Room Hosted By Ms. Deanna
- April 15 - Storytime Room Hosted by Ms. Lisa and Ms. Erika
Virtual Storytime Rooms - May
Learning to code has never been more fun! Prenda Code Club is a self-guided online software program that teaches you how to code through hundreds of coding tutorials and dozens of real-world projects. Prenda offers a gamified learning experience ― as you progress through the activities, you’ll earn clothes and accessories for your personal avatar.
Bright by Text
The Haywood County Public Library is proud to be partnering with Bright By Text as part of our partnership with Family Place Libraries.
Bright by Text provides free tips, information, and resources to help all parents and caregivers give every child a bright beginning.
At Bright by Text our goal is to make the most of everyday interactions between parent and child. Our text messaging service delivers actionable information from trusted early childhood experts to parents and caregivers of young children — from prenatal to age eight — to support healthy child development and build strong, resilient families.
The Bright by Text service:
- Available in English and Spanish
- Developmental tips based on the due date or age of a child
- Curated content from partners such as PBS, Vroom, and Sesame Street in Communities
- Timely information about local resources and events from community organizations
- Extended learning materials, short modeling videos, and related resources
This service is free (data and messaging rates may apply). Just text FamilyPlace to 274448 to begin. You may stop at any time. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or call 828.356.2563.