The Human Resources Department provides assistance to employees and applicants by reviewing programs and benefits and making recommendations in order to have the best workplace possible.
It is the mission of the Haywood County Human Resources Department to provide a broad range of quality benefits, services and support in recruitment, workforce development, employee relations, and safety to ensure retention of an outstanding work force committed to excellence in public service for the citizens of Haywood County.
Our vision, as Haywood County Human Resources, is dedicated to encouraging an attitude of teamwork and innovation to provide a positive, challenging work experience within a responsive environment that supports professional and personal growth through a network of strategic partners.
Haywood County Human Resources strives to develop an atmosphere which fosters integrity, respect, and safety. We do this by continuing our ongoing evaluation of the job classification system, applicant screening, development and coordination of the County's Affirmative Action Plan, ensuring compliance with federal and state employment laws, review and development of the County's Personnel Policy Manual, and coordination of training programs for County employees. These values are in place to ensure transparency, accountability, and trust for all citizen of Haywood County.
Haywood County Provides the Following Benefits
for You, Your Family and Your Future:
- Paid comprehensive medical and dental insurance-Employee only. (Additional for spouse and/or children).
- Paid term life insurance-Employee only. (Additional for spouse and/or children.)
- Participation in the North Carolina Local Government Employees' Retirement system.
- Tax Deferred investment Programs (401(k) and 457 plans available).
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Supplemental Insurance Policies (vision,cancer, short term/long term disability, hospital indemnity, term/whole life insurance).
- Paid Annual, Personal and Sick Leave.
- Longevity Pay.
- Merit Increases.
- Paid Holidays.
- Free Employee Clinic.
- Discounted Gym Membership rates.
- Employee Discounts with Verizon Wireless.
- Credit Union membership.
- Employee Assistance Program (Call 800-454-1477 for free and Confidential Counseling for Family, Marital, Substance Abuse, Stress and other difficulties for employees and their immediate family members).
- Haywood County is an Equal Opportunity Employer-View a listing of Job Openings.
- Departments Covered by County-Haywood County has more than 500 positions. Learn more about our departments A through F and departments G through Z.
What happens after you submit an application?
After the closing date, applications are reviewed and qualified candidates are selected for interviews. Prior to employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a reference check and criminal background check. All applicants will receive written notification as to the outcome of their application; this will be mailed to the address provided on the application.
All new Haywood County employees are subject to a twelve to twenty-four month probationary period.